Add a pause to TextExpander snippit

What the title says. I want to issue a markdown command ‘h2’ and then return to begin typing. But the snippit expands too quickly and it doesn’t acknowledge the command to ‘h2’ before continuing. Is there a way to add a .5 second pause in between TextExpander commands within a snippit?

Thanks in advance!

If I were doing this, I would have the snippet open up a fill-in-the-blank form that requests the value of the text that will follow the h2 tag, and then the snippet concatenates the string “h2” with the text I entered in the form, and finally the snippet inserts the whole string:

h2 My interesting text from the fill-in form

You can have the fill-in form ask for multiple values, or chain multiple fill-in forms in a snippet.

I believe that CTRL-SHIFT-t will pause/resume TextExpander overall, but invoke that in a snippet (if possible) would merely turn off but not resume expansions.

1 Like

Thank you. I suppose it’s not a lot of overhead to just use a delimiter or form fill with the text. Heh. Sometimes, the easiest way is also the best way. Thank you I will try. :slight_smile:

FWIW, Keyboard Maestro could run rings around TextExpander for this sort of thing – and does have the ability to pause macros.

2 Likes

Yeah, sadly, I’m asking for my work computer which is unfortunately a PC. But, I can run TE on it, and I figured someone here would know what to do. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am in the same boat. PC at work and I sync snippets with it.

1 Like