Adding flags in Mail on iOS

I just flagged some email in Mail.app on my iPad and then I archived then. But when I go to “Flagged” mail in the app, then nothing appears. I use hover.com for email. Perhaps they don’t support flags or something…

Apple only show flagged emails when in the inbox, so they won’t show when you archived them.

2 Likes

I have to do a search for flagged and then they show up.

4 Likes

They do on the Mac, so its ridiclous that it doesnt work on iOS, but thanks :blush:

As @Mahoneym mentioned, you can access Flagged messages that are stored outside of the Inbox. Tap on the Search field then tap on Flagged Messages.

It would be good if this were more obvious. Also, I sometimes use different colour flags on Mail for Mac, but they all show as orange on iOS.

4 Likes

I have a little question regarding flagging. Is it possible in iPadOS/iOS 13 to use different colored flags like under MacOS?

I haven’t installed the iPadOS/iOS 13 beta yet, but have heard from numerous sources (including Mr. Sparks) that coloured flags are supported. I currently use them quite a bit on the Mac, and it will be great to be able to use them on my iPad and iPhone.

1 Like

Thank you! I have it installed but really can’t figure out how to use it. If I swipe left, I only see the well-known orange flag. If I long-press a message, I get a submenu including the option to mark it. Pressed again there are three new options: Flag, Mark as Unread, Move to Junk. Pressing Flag will give me the orange flag again. Maybe @MacSparky or anybody else who already works with multi-colored flags can clarify, please? :blush:

Thank you!

I got curious, so I went looking. Not intuitive at all, it pops up when you tap the “reply” button as an option: (screenshot in Spanish, sorry, but I think you’ll get the gist).

Only have the beta installed on my iPad but I assume it’s the same on iPhone.

1 Like

Also, the colour selection isn’t an option on my work Exchange account, just my personal Gmail one. I assume that’s down to the provider not supporting it though.

1 Like

Oh wow, Apple… :man_facepalming: @Kaitlin Thank you very much!

1 Like

One great thing in ios 13: the flagged messages “inbox” now shows all flagged messages, not just the ones in the inbox!

1 Like

For bonus points, you can give them new names (on the Mac at least).

2 Likes

Nice! I had not seen that :slight_smile: