Adjustable Stream Deck XL Stand

I’m a big fan of the Stream Deck XL. Among other things, it helps keep me focused at work and improves the flow of my Zoom meetings, especially when using apps like Ecamm Live.

Out of the box, the Stream Deck XL comes with a stand that’s solid, but not adjustable. I found that the angle wasn’t ideal and that I was constantly propping my Stream Deck up on small boxes and yoga blocks to get it to a functional height.

On a whim, I tried mounting my Stream Deck on the Lamicall Adjustable Tablet Stand S2 that I purchased to use with my iPhone and iPads. It has proven to be an excellent alternative to the stand that comes with the Stream Deck and I’ve since purchased a black one to match the Stream Deck.

I like that I can adjust the angle and that the stand puts the Stream Deck at a good height. As an added bonus, the stand also reduces the Stream Deck’s footprint, which could be especially helpful in cramped spaces.

I bought the Lamicall stand on Amazon Canada for $26.99 (CAD). It’s also available on Amazon.com for $18.99 (USD) and Amazon UK for £18.99.

I’ve attached a few photos so that you can see it for yourself.

9 Likes

Interesting. I’ve ordered. A black one to try out. Thanks !

1 Like

You’re very welcome, TJ. I look forward to hearing your impressions.

Does it sit flush with the power cord connected?

It doesn’t sit flush, but is well supported by the supports. The fact that it isn’t flush also means there’s plenty of room for the USB cable.

Nice! Are you happy with the XL? I’m currently struggling between it and the medium sized one. I am concerned that if I went smaller, I’d regret it later.

I suppose the Stream Deck will work with Shortcuts on macOS Monterey. That would be a powerful combo that might make the Stream Deck investment decision easier.

3 Likes

I’m very happy with the XL. I’m glad I went with the large one as some of my profiles are using most if not all of the 32 buttons. Some of these buttons are reserved for switching profiles. Specifically, the bottom row of my “Home” profile is all profile buttons and (e.g. Comm, Finance, OmniFocus) and each of these profiles contains a button in the lower right-hand corner that takes me back to the Home profile.

2 Likes