Adobe Creative Cloud Sidebar?

hey MPU,

I am not sure if anyone has Adobe CC, but I just started experiencing this strange thing…

It automatically creates a shortcut in my finder window. I have removed it 2x and it still shows up!!

Anyone experience this?

Yes: “Creative Cloud Files Personal Account my email address xxxxxx@ID”. If I remove it, it returns when I restart my Mac.

Are you talking about a folder in your home folder called “Creative Cloud Files?” That’s to be expected if you are subscribed to Adobe apps.

I removed it from my home folder and it stayed gone after restarting. I assume Adobe will add it back if it needs it.

I thought Adobe said recently that they were deprecating the service that this folder represents? I’ve never put anything in this folder so the other day I deleted it. Adobe put up a dialog saying they wanted to put it back and I let them. I must have jumped the gun. I expect to get notice one of these days that Adobe doesn’t care anymore what I do with it, and then I’ll finally get rid of it. :slightly_smiling_face:

This is from Adobe: “Creative Cloud Synced files are being discontinued. Starting February 1, 2024, Adobe will begin to discontinue Creative Cloud Synced files…”

Hopefully this folder will go away and stay away. I hate having folders that I can’t remove.

By the way, I’ve just restarted using LR CC - I like how it lets me use local files that are not synced to the cloud. :grinning:

Oddly ever since February 1, that folder keeps appearing in my sidebar :joy:

Even when I remove it, it doesn’t need a restart for it to appear again. I’ll step away for a few hours, keep my computer on and come back to find it again.

I removed it about 2 hours ago. Will report back in the am. :grinning:

Although confusing, the existence of this folder is not as confusing as the splitting of the Lightroom product family and yet another confusing renaming. As Victoria Bampton, The Lightroom Queen, says in her blog Should I move from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom Local?:

I’m sure you know that there are two different desktop versions of Lightroom, and yes, the naming is confusing. The traditional folder-based version of Lightroom has been around since 2006, first as a public beta, then just called Lightroom, and then renamed to Lightroom Classic in 2017. And there’s also the version that was first released in 2017, initially called Lightroom CC, and now just known as Lightroom (or more accurately, Lightroom Desktop, because it’s actually just one element of the cloud-based Lightroom ecosystem which has apps for Desktop, Mobile, and Web).

I looked at the “new” cloud-based Lightroom and decided against moving to it as the local photo files that it now lets you handle are missing key capabilities unless they are uploaded into Adobe’s cloud. So I’m returning to good old Adobe Lightroom Classic, but this time with the definitive guides, Adobe Lightroom Edit On The Go & Adobe Lightroom Classic The Missing FAQ.

1 Like

The LRQ missed a bit with the naming. For a while there, they doubled down on the confusion by calling it Adobe Photoshop Lightroom. I specifically remember watching Scott Kelby videos where he used that name.

And yes, that folder has just shown up in my Finder sidebar. I have so far only looked at it with disdain.

Yes, Adobe have made a real hash of their product names. I’ve given up trying to Google specific help for Lightroom, Lightroom CC, Lightroom Classic, Lightroom (not Classic), Lightroom Desktop, Lightroom cloud, Lr and LrC, Lightroom Mobile, Lightroom Web, etc., etc … whatever it’s called.

That’s why I look for all my answers in the encyclopedic and well-written books by The Lightroom Queen:

• Lightroom Classic The Missing FAQ
  • Lightroom Edit On The Go

It hasn’t returned after > 12 hours. Since then I have edited a few photos and copied them to the Adobe cloud. I also restated my Mac this AM. So I think it’s banished.

Regarding yours: Is it empty? Mine was always empty. Assuming that it is empty, have you tried to delete it from your home folder? Not sure why happens if it has files in it and you delete it.

Mine came back again… I just deleted it from the Home Folder now to see if it will still make the shortcut reappear again.

1 Like

per Adobe:

Adobe recommends that users sign into their Adobe account and sync the latest version of their assets before October 1, 2024. Beginning Feb 1, 2024, the Creative Cloud Files folder on users’ local devices will no longer be hidden when they sign out of Creative Cloud. The folder will be renamed to "Creative Cloud Files + + <profile_name> + + (for example: Creative Cloud Files Company Account email@abc.com ####@AdobeID). Users can rename the folder as they see fit.

1 Like