Advice for a rule for Mail app needed

Hi,

I would appreciate an advice, how to tackle a following challenge with invitations in the Calendar/Mail app on Mac. I’m using the latest MacOS (Sonoma) and the native apps Cale far and Mail. The account is Exchange.

The scenario is this:

Someone sends me an invitation by email. Calendar app recognises it and shows a notification in the top right-hand corner of the screen. I select Accept in that notification. (I have notifications set only for Calendar, not for Mail.) as a result of me accepting it, two things happen: 1. Calendar enters that meeting into the calendar 2. The email associated with that invitation is automatically moved to Bin.

Now the challenge: The email which was moved to Bin appears unread. I would like it to appear read. The reason is that I don’t want to see the badge next to the Bin showing unread emails, which prompts me to
open it and check it.

Further notes:

• All these emails have something in common - a blue line on the top showing buttons Decline / Maybe / Accept.
  • If I press the Accept button directly in that mail in the Mail app, the message also gets moved to Bin, but this time it is read.
  • In the Settings of Calendar, tab Alerts, I have the last check box selected: “Show invitation messages in Notification Centre”. I understand that this is the reason, why I am seeing the notifications in the first place. I would like to keep seeing them.

I am wondering if I could potentially set up a rule to make all emails in Bin read. That seems like the easiest solution. I have not find a way to do it though.

I am attaching screenshots for illustration purposes.

Many thanks for looking into this for me.

Jan