AirPods Max connectivity problems - just me?

I frequently have to “Forget” then repair my AirPods Max, and it’s really annoying.
This happens on my iMac Pro, and my M1 MacBook Pro.
I called AppleCare and they walked me through resetting them, which of course didn’t last. I asked if periodic resets were normal, and she said yes.

I feel like for $600 they should pair as eagerly as my Bose portable speaker does.

Anyone else?

1 Like

The one time they refused to connect happened after I let them drain to 0%, and I solved it by plugging them back into the lightning port and then disconnecting and trying again. They’ve gone to 0% a couple times since then but didn’t repeat the behavior, so I haven’t spotted a pattern yet.

I’ve only owned mine a few months, and only connect them to a Mac Pro, so the situation is different, too.

1 Like

I have not had this issue. I’ve had mine for about a year and for the most part, they pair pretty seamlessly across other devices. Sometimes I need to toggle it on/off from the Bluetooth menu on my Mac, or toggle the Bluetooth on/off on my iDevices. But I don’t ever recall having to forget and repair it. Might be worth getting it replaced if you have apple care? :man_shrugging:t4:

1 Like