Airpods Pro & general day to day use (I’m finding myself using my Airpods 2 more)

Hi All, just wondering if this is just me, or is anyone else finding that over time the sealed fit of the Airpods Pro isn’t the most comfortable thing for your ears?

For me, I think when I’m popping them in and out during the day (and I use them quite a bit), my ear seems to get a little sensitive. I also find the inner ear “stomp stomp” very off-putting from time to time (oddly this doesn’t seem to occur all the time).

I’m going to try the other size ear pieces to see if that makes a difference, however what I am finding is my older Airpod series 2 are getting a little bit more use than I expected.

2 Likes

Hi All, just wondering if this is just me, or is anyone else finding that over time the sealed fit of the Airpods Pro isn’t the most comfortable thing for your ears?

This is how I feel; I returned the Pros and am sticking with the 2s.

2 Likes

I recently bought a pair of pros to replace my gen 1 AirPods, and am lucky to have pretty “regular” ears: both medium ear pieces fit perfectly and give no issues. Other in ear buds in the past were less comfortable.

I guess that if your ears are not so “apple-compliant” :wink: it might be uncomfortable to keep something that pushes onto your ear canal for a long time.

I thought I was the only one! I hate the loud “feedback” when walking, and I can’t even use them when running as it is so loud and I have hear my breathing, etc. Unfortunately, I missed the return window on mine so I still have them. I use them occasionally for phone calls as the noise cancelling works well, and I plan to use them on planes when traveling is in vogue once more. Gen 2s are definitely the superior product for me.

Oddly they do for and are reasonably comfortable, however for me when I aren’t running/exercising or need noise cancelation, my AirPods 2 are the comfy sweat pants to my fancy jeans (hope that made sense).

Wonder if Apple will make a non pro AirPods 3 with the squeeze gestures.

I almost took my AirPods Pro back in Apple’s return window, for exactly these reasons of discomfort. However, I decided not to, for a few reasons:

• After being averse to in-ear earphones for practically my entire life, I was slowly getting used to them.
  • My original AirPods were getting more and more challenging to clean, such that I ended up buying a second pair.
  • Apple Health told me that my constant podcast listening (Overcast tells me I’ve saved 328 hours through Smart Speed!) was at a volume level that risked damaging my hearing. Even though AirPods Pro don’t have the same noise cancelling as, say, Bose QC35, Apple Health no longer warns me :smile:.

As it turns out, I had some frequent flyer points to burn (with an airline likely to go bust!), so I bought a second pair of AirPods Pro!

Not here. Though I do admit the Pros felt very weird for the first two days. Now I forget I have them in. But I can def see how it would be different for different people.