AirPods Pro use while running

I usually listen to podcasts when running, so I only put one AirPod in in when I go out. Got the AirPods Pro last month and have had them fall out twice. The first time I was wiping sweat off my forehead with my arm and bumped it. My previous earbuds fell out all the time but were wired so it was not a big deal. I just reach down and put them back in. But there is nothing to catch the AirPods, so I am a bit more careful now after the first two incidents. I have not had another incident in the last few weeks. But do need to adjust them during my runs.

This must be dependent on your ear shape or something. Iā€™m an extremely sweaty person. In similar style earbuds as the AirPods Pro Iā€™ve always had an issue of sweat ā€˜blockingā€™ sound and what felt like they were always about to slip out. Iā€™m the 3 months with these I havenā€™t had that issue once.

I run with Apple Watch 5 and AirPods Pro. Itā€™s very rare one falls out.

I do find, however, I canā€™t reliably operate the various controls when running - as Iā€™ve not memorised them.

But Iā€™d strongly endorse the idea of Watch + Overcast + AirPods Pro. (And ā€œfor emergenciesā€ I have 4 albums on the Watch. ā€œEmergencyā€ being the rare occasion when I run out of podcast episodes to listen to.) :slight_smile:

I have tried to change the Silicone Ear Tips but I canā€™t seem to get them off. I pull on them but Iā€™m afraid of breaking something. Is there a trick to this?

Pull harder on the silicone. You wonā€™t break or tear them before they pop off. It feels scary, but itā€™s okay.

Iā€™ve tried running with them, and I canā€™t seem to get over the sound of the loud thuds of my feet hitting the pavement as I run. Too distracting. But no issues with them falling off when I did my try them out.

Okay, but just remember, if they break ā€¦ I know where to find you! :laughing:

1 Like