Alfred cannot find the file on NAS volume but spotlight can

this is surprising for me. I have difficulties getting Alfred to search for pdf files that are on my Synology NAS (volume called “Main”). However, unexpectedly, I use spotlight to search, the file was clearly identified

Screen Shot 2021-12-27 at 5.24.23 pm

Screen Shot 2021-12-27 at 5.25.06 pm

I have specifically set up the Volume “Main” in the search scope in Alfred in accordance with this instruction.

Screen Shot 2021-12-27 at 5.26.53 pm

Why Alfred not helping here ?

this question was asked a while back in the Alfred forum.

The Administrator of the forum suggested running Alfred’s troubleshooting command which may help you?

thanks @rms , I searched Alfred Forum many times but obviously did not use the right keywords to land on the correct discussion.

Following the instruction at the Alfred Forum to do the troubleshooting and had the same result “Metadata missing” but obviously they are there as spotlight was able to find and use the metadata

getting info the actual file showed correct metadata

I also noted that there was no further progress on the Alfred Forum as well. I may file a bug report from Alfred itself

1 Like

Probably the best thing.

Your way is how I do it and what is described on the Alfred Cheatsheet - Alfred Help and Support in the Find Files Quickly section.

2 Likes