Alfred Hotkey - Selection in MacOS is magic

Recently, I’ve decided that I don’t like the tagging system I’m using in Bear. Unfortunately, there isn’t really a way to do bulk actions across notes but I wanted to remove all of my tags from every note.

This lead me to using Hotkeys on a selection in MacOS. When connected to a python or bash script, I essentially have a super powered find and replace. In the future, I’m hoping to do broader, even more helpful stuff.

I have another Alfred workflow which only works when the selection is not in Bear. It takes that selection and creates a new Bear note with the contents of the selection.

I think that is has the potential to be incredibly Power User-y if I can have a list pop-up and link multiple options.

You can do that by chaining the hot key to an Alfred list filter or script filter.

1 Like

Just added a note to that effect to my case converter workflow.

Aren’t you able to select the notes you want to change, right click and seletc “change tag”? I’m not near a computer right now but I remember being able to do that when I wanted to archive a large chunk of notes.