Alice AI Automation

Alice looks like a very interesting integration of GPT-4 AI and Mac automation.

Their site, ProductHunt presentation, and YouTube videos seem very professionally done.

Seems tempting - but the pricing policy is $99 for a lifetime purchase, with no free trial but a 14-day refund period.

I’m a bit puzzled as to why a credible product would not give a trial period. That said it’s interesting enough to be tempting to try.

1 Like

I’d be more concerned about a $99 lifetime fee.

That doesn’t suggest that the service will be sustainable.

Seems a bit hefty for an interface app, $100 and you still buy your own credits? I took a quick look, but nothing jumped out at me as interesting, what did you like?

I’ll admit, I’m biased and tend to frame everything in comparison to KM and Alfred, is there a better mousetrap in there somewhere?

I think KM and Alfred are good comparisons - the extent to which you can customize its functions makes me think of it as in the same category except in this case it’s for building AI workflows.

This page of examples is what really got my attention - not specifically for any one action but as examples of what you too can customize it to do.

I think the fact that you pay for your own API credits is actually a good thing - that’s how it’s clear to me they aren’t placing limits on which AI models they support nor limits on the complexity/sophistication of what you build. What concerns me much more are Ai apps where the AI is free; that tells me either the company will not be viable economically or that they have somehow limited the software’s capabilities in order to keep the AI bill down.

https://www.heyalice.app/all-gems/content

1 Like