Alternative to GoToMyPC

Does anyone know of a reliable alternative to GoToMyPC? When my wife or a relative has a problem with their MAC, GoToMyPC has been very reliable for me to log in from work, take control, and tinker with what’s needed. However, it’s so expensive, especially if you have several Macs you’d like to access remotely. Several other MAC specific programs I’ve either not been able to configure properly or they’re not that robust for what I’m trying to do. GoToMyPC was very easy, I could access from where I work through their firewalls, and I was able to access anytime I’m on the road.

1 Like

Try Team Viewer. It is free for personal use and has all kinds of setting to suit any remote connection needs. Website is teamviewer.us

2 Likes

I have Jump Desktop Connect installed on family member’s systems. I can connect in and help my mom from 2,000 miles away. And she’s on Windows. Works like a charm.

I had used TeamViewer for a while, but one day found that my password had been changed without my knowledge. I use 30 character gibberish passwords, so I’m pretty sure it wasn’t guessed by anybody. They didn’t have a good explanation for me, so I looked elsewhere.

1 Like

Thank you! I check Team Viewer and Jump Desktop Connect that Steve suggests.

1 Like

+1 for team viewer! I use it to support others fixing their PC issues. I love it.

+1 on Jump Desktop, it’s the one thing that just works. I’ve tried a LOT of those utilities and Jump Desktop works great.

+1 for Team Viewer. Free for personal use, well supported, and works cross-platform.

I’ve been using Screens by Edovia Inc. Mostly to connect to other macs on my local network. They have a system preference that will allow you to connect to a machine from any where and a iOS client that I often use to control macs from my ipad.

2 Likes