Alternative to Photos' "hidden album"?

Curious. I know there are a number of apps out there that offer password-protection on their photo storage, and I know that there’s a hack-y way to store a photo as a password-protected note.

But that usually means no syncing, wonky import/export, etc.

Is there an app that’s easy enough to get stuff in and out of that offers (a) passwords on multiple folders and/or (b) some manner of encrypted iCloud (or Dropbox) sync so a device catastrophe doesn’t cause a problem?

Hmm if you have pictures that should remain very private I would only store them locally. Better yet store on a external storage device that’s disconnected when not in use and stores in a secure location. You can even opt for a drive with build inn encryption..

Being the only local source for this data you will have to take care of backing up to a 2nd or even 3rd device.

For cloud storage I suggest to use Backblaze and encrypt this file with your own very strong password.

1 Like

Maybe put them into an encrypted sparse bundle? You can put whatever file/folder structures you want in the bundle and back it up just like you would anything else via your normal backup method(s).