Alternative to VueScan and Fujitsu's Scansnap Home / ScanSnap Manager?

I know folks have been unhappy with ScanSnap’s new “Home” app and the restrictions related to it, and I’ve heard people talk about VueScan but ExactScan is a new-to-me option that I thought I’d mention.

Here’s a list of Compatible Scanners.

Here’s the cost sheet (looks like $80 without OCR, $100 with OCR).

I haven’t used it myself, just passing it on as a potential interest to others.

1 Like

ExactScan works really well with ScanSnap iX500. Just install the app, quit out of ScanSnap app and set up your prefs. A good intro on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxVmJdQMEXg . Have used for many years in a small business. Not the prettiest and a tad on the expensive side but virtually all aspects of the scanning can be customised and set to profiles.

Thanks. Hope the new software works. I recently upgrade to snapscan home. HORRIBLE!!
After backing up root to hard drives and flash drives and several hours with tech support, I was told I had to start from scratch. None of the pdfs created by scansnap manager could be read by scansnap home! Another call tor tech support. 2 hour call back wait. I explained that I did know what I didn’t know about the new software. They couldn’t figure it out with using emote screen etc. O 2 things of warning.

1. upgrading to Mojave not the best idea I’ve done with a Mac
  2. upgrading to scansnap home the worst upgrade I have ever done.
    I am thinking of throwing the whole thing out ant eat the $ 300 and by an Epson!!
    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated
    Luckily I have the older software on my laptop PC and it seems to continue to be OK. I only had to re-scan 2 months of work.