Always Home Cam?

Now, who really wants this?

Ring latest home security camera is taking flight — literally. The new Always Home Cam is an autonomous drone that can fly around inside your home to give you a perspective of any room you want when you’re not home. Once it’s done flying, the Always Home Cam returns to its dock to charge its battery. It is expected to cost $249.99 when it starts shipping next year.

Hard pass.

What I really want are better quality cameras that blend well with interiors.

Strange product. I suppose the police can ask to take your camera drone for a spin as well.

Does it come with a taser or bear mace option?

2 Likes

I am sure someone with do a DIY video of adding mace, flame thrower, or something to it.

1 Like

This feels a little too close to something from the days of future’s past:

Would love to see Amazon’s AI behind that.
“Ah they like pink furniture, high tech stuff and flowers” So let’s adapt our ads to match…

No way I’m letting Amazon roam in my house at will.

1 Like

Exactly my thought as well. I’m not letting something that can be hacked remotely fly around my house and give the person a complete AR rendering and personal details. Perhaps that’s being a bit alarmist, and while I appreciate a company thinking outside the box, this is just creepy.

I think if you read the TOS for the Ring cams you’ll find Amazon has a right to process the images… Where process is not strictly defined.

Security, privacy… blah blah blah… But how COOL is that! :wink:

1 Like

Cool until authorities get sealed warrants to use someone’s Always Home Cam to search a house – not an out of possibility band given Amazon’s frequent compliance. This thing brings out the inner-Luddite in me.

Nope. Ring’s security is questionable at best.

Burglars will replace their baseball bats with tennis rackets :rofl:

1 Like

Would you buy it if it had HomeKit Secure Video integration?

1 Like

Yikes. Double no thanks

When I first read this I thought surely it was just a spoof of concept.

1 Like

Or the seemingly endless April Fools Day that characterizes 2020.

1 Like

Nope. But a nice camera with HomeKit integration is something I am looking for.

1 Like

Eufy makes nice homekit enabled cams.