Amphetamine versus Sonoma?

Funny that I started a topic “Amphetamine versus Ventura”, because now I have an issue with this App on Sonoma…

Most daily boots (but not all!) I get this pop-up:

Amphetamine needs access

However, I already have this setting:

Amphetamine has access

Anyone else running into this? Did you fix it? How?

Just use the Terminal and type “ caffeinate “. No app needed. Close the window when done.

1 Like

I am not running into into this issue.

If you haven’t already try toggling the Amphetamine Location Services setting.

I have Amphetamine configured to automatically run at home (when on my WiFi), but not in offfice.

Already tried that; toggling the UI switch did unfortunately not help.

Why would it need your location or access to your wifi network name? Did you get it from somewhere other than the Mac App Store?

If all you need is an on-off switch, caffeinate is fine. Amphetamine gives you much more control and a lot more options.

I believe this is the reason:

1 Like

Thanks, it must be a Sonoma-only Amphetamine feature. I’m still on Ventura, and it doesn’t appear in the app settings, even though I’m using the latest version from the Mac App Store

1 Like

It is under the “Triggers” section in the settings. You need to navigate a couple levels down to select the trigger.

I do not know if Triggers were added with Sonoma.

1 Like

Found it, thanks! It doesn’t appeal to me much (I don’t want my Mac to stay awake and unlocked 24/7 even while I’m at home on my own network), but it’s interesting to know it’s there.

Still getting this daily :cry:

However, discovered the TestFlight version today; hope that helps…