Andrew’s Home “Office”

I’m pretty proud of my home office setup (and tear down). I can be up and running +/-5 minutes after we get dinner cleaned up and it’s relatively ergonomic. Our townhouse is about 950 sq. ft., so a compact setup is crucial.

The whole setup breaks down into the plastic tub from ikea and gets stored in the closet(I have another tub with Ethernet cables, Blu-ray drives, etc.). Computer and iPad go back in my bag and I’m ready for work the next day.

Edit: I was home alone with the two year old tonight so I got him in bed and had dinner and worked on resetting passwords and cancelling old accounts while the wife was a bible study. I don’t normally keep a plate of roast beef with me when I’m at the computer.

5 Likes

Making the most of your space and an efficient setup process. Plus you can secure your gear from the two year old!

1 Like

Great view, and very efficient use of space!
I think having a plate of roast beef at the computer is perfectly normal :slight_smile:

I hadn’t considered that, but it is a considerable advantage. Now if only I could do that with my entertainment system…

Love it! three cheers for the dining room table as a home office! Revenge of the proletariat! MT 20:16
Hank

1 Like

Thanks for the inspiriation for using a basic box for everything that then doubles as a stand. Seems so simple, and yet I hadn’t thought of it :crazy_face:
I’m in the same situation of having no proper office or desk, and haven’t really found a great solution.
I’m currently looking into getting a sort of closet-office, with a fold-down tabletop of sorts, but it’s probably something I’ll have to get custom made, so…it’s a box for now, I think.

We should all keep a plate of roast beef by us at the computer! BTW, I’ve had a similar setup off and on through the years.

2 Likes

I have a closet under the stairs that could work for me but it’s full of coats and tools right now. Space gets tight with a wife and 2 year old. And we’re working on a bedroom office for my wife right now as she’ll be working from home starting in the next few weeks.

1 Like