Anyone carry an iPhone and an Android phone... please share your experiences

Hello

I am currently using an iphone and an android phone. My work number is on my iPhone and the android phone has my personal number.

Curious if there are others who are also in the same boat and what are your experiences, tips etc.

Note, this is not the case of separating work from life etc. I genuinely like using both and cannot seem to pick one, prefer not to pick one.

I’ve just switched from iPhone to Android, if that counts?

1 Like

While not me, my son has a job which requires he have both an iPhone and an Android phone in his role as a telecommunications engineer. He also has a personal phone which is an Android phone. He doesn’t like Apple products.

1 Like

Interesting… why and which android device did you get?

I’m still consistently tempted by the Sony Xperia 1 V.

1 Like

I would also be curious what made you switch and how it is going :blush:

The Why is that Apple are failing to innovate IMO. Samsung have fold phones with a stylus, Google have baked AI in their new handset and Apple? Well, they have a faster processor and better camera, but the phone isn’t much different from the previous version. Where is the innovation?

I’ve purchased the Google Pixel 8 Pro.

1 Like

I hear you… for me, it was the foldable form factor that tempted me. It really is a different way to use a phone. I gave away my iPad mini as well

2 Likes

The Google Assistant is almost enough to get me to try a Pixel. If it also had an excellent fingerprint sensor I’d buy one today.

Which did you opt for?

I got the Samsung fold 5 but ultimately settled on the pixel fold. I just feel at home using a pixel as opposed to a Samsung… Having said that, it was the Samsung that convinced me that I really do enjoy using a foldable.

1 Like

I can tell you, Google assistant on a pixel is excellent but I hear you, the finger print sensor on the pixel 8 is unchanged and that means it’s not great…having said that, the pixel 8 has now support for face unlock so now it can be used to open 1password etc… it’s not perfect but certainly an improvement

1 Like

This may provide more insights into my experience

1 Like

Google assistant is excellent. I love the call screening feature. Fingerprint scanner has worked every time for me. I’ve not activated face ID.

2 Likes

And that is why I’m not switching to a Pixel at this time. IMO Apple has the best Face ID available. And it, combined with today’s Siri, sucks.

TouchID didn’t require my full attention in order to open my iPhone. I could unlock it while it was still in my pocket. Or without needing to take my eyes off the road when I was driving. If my hands weren’t wet it worked virtually 100% of the time, FaceID doesn’t.

That wouldn’t be so bad if Siri wasn’t always telling me “You have to unlock your iPhone first” . . . even when I’m wearing my Apple Watch and AirPods Pro. Or if it would respond verbally when I use “Hey Siri” to ask a question, instead of displaying the results on the screen.

So I will be keeping my iPhone 11 for one more year. During that time I’ll open my iPhone with FaceID when it works or my passcode when it doesn’t. Then I’ll launch the Google Assistant with its icon on my dock. And next year I’ll purchase a new Pixel, or iPhone, depending on who fixes my problems first.

And if neither does I’ll probably purchase an iPhone 13 and keep waiting.

Just to note, I have not used a pixel 8 so I don’t know what their on screen finger print login is like… I have used the pixel 7 and that is what I am basing my experience on…

The physical finger print scanner on the pixel fold is the best…iPhone should have both…physically finger print and face id.

1 Like
  • It is not cheap. I will write another post explaining how I am justifying this rather enormous expense.

Looking forward to this post if you do decide to write it … (or maybe I’m not! :wink:)

1 Like

Thanks for the reminder… I actually forgot about that especially because I was not looking forward to justifying it. But… I am working on. Yes, foldables are expensive and are more expensive than iPhones but it’s new and does not have the economics of scale just yet. Having said that, I simply enjoy this experience so much that I cannot see myself not having a foldable.

1 Like

Having had my Pixel Pro 8 five days, I’ve had no issues with the fingerprint scanner. Will post back if it causes problems.

1 Like