Anyone else having Handoff issues?

Howdy,

I’ve recently taken the plunge on an iPhone 8 from a 6S… I only mention this because for whatever reason I am finding that the Handoff feature is not working across my devices. This means not being able to take advantage of the Universal Clipboard!

It’s odd because the only change is the introduction of the iPhone 8.

I’ve been unsuccessfully on with Apple Support and they have so far not been able to resolve the issue.

Yes… I have:

• Bluetooth switched on across all devices.
  • Wifi on across all devices
  • Have signed out of iCloud and signed back in on all devices and am still no wiser.

I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue. You might be able to beat Apple Support to the solution since they haven’t been able to help so far :slightly_frowning_face:

Thanks in advance.

I’ve never been able to get it working consistently across my devices - especially the shared clipboard. Sometimes logging out and back into iCloud on all the devices seems to stabilise things for a bit.

1 Like

Handoff between my Mac and iOS devices is totally hosed. Between iOS is works.

I have a feeling the ‘fix’ might be to sin out of iCloud on my Mac, but the last time I did that, my Mac spent days resynchronising my photo library so I’m not going there again.

1 Like

Also been struggling of late – but then again, I’ve also lost the ability to unlock with my AW2…

Regardless, glad it’s not just me. And yes, also learnt the costs of signing out of iCloud - one’s data takes a beating…

Hoping iOS12/11 updates might yield improved results, or a fix, soon…

1 Like

Has this been fixed for anyone? I have been having handoff issues myself for awhile now and I would love to find a fix for this.

Yes. Mine is working OK now. The new operating system and iOS update seemed to fix my issues. Sorry you are still having problems. That sucks. :weary:

Handoff is now working. I guess it was a bug in the beta.

Let me rephrase that. It works occasionally if I save something to Copied then paste it onto another device.

@RosemaryOrchard are you running the developer beta still? I was at the Apple store today and an employee told me that handoff was taken out of the last developer beta. Just checking to see if he was speaking the truth.

Well, Handoff is working for me again so I guess the Apple employee didn’t have a clue what they were talking about.