Anyone get the iPhone Mini?

I went into the store dead set on getting an iPhone 12 Pro, but since they were out of stock, I played around a bit with the Mini-- and came away very impressed. It just feels good in the hand. I compared the screen size with that of my iPhone 8 Plus and-- nonwithstanding that the aspect ratio is slightly different-- I found them pretty similar. The appeal of having a smaller phone in the pocket is definitely strong.

The one reason that had me looking at the Pro was the zoom lens. Practically speaking, I don’t even use it that often. I would describe it as “nice to have” but not necessary.

Tempted to get a Mini via the iPhone upgrade program-- recognizing that I could change it in a year (recently I’ve been sticking with my phones for three years (6 plus to 8 plus to now).

So, has anyone else out there taken the plunge for the Mini?

1 Like

I bought the mini. Switched from XR and could not be happier.
It is so light and easy to handle. The screen and the camera are outstanding.

So I also bought the mini for my wife. She switched from the 11 and is also very impressed. The ache in her wrist is slowly going away.

The only minor downside is the battery life. Going to bed I now have around 20%. I guess with very heavy usage I could not survive the day. But charging is therefore also reeally fast using the included cable and my MacBook Pro brick.

I can highly recommend the phone.

11 mint, wife’s 12 mini green, father in law red, my blue

3 Likes

No, but I plan to. IF they are still offering a mini when I need to replace my iPhone 11.

2 Likes

My wife got it. She’s been nothing but impressed. Of course, she was upgrading from a 6s, so that was kind of a low bar. :slight_smile:

I haven’t played with it a whole lot, but it seems to be quite nice. There’s not a lot of trade off going on there, and you can’t argue that the form factor is probably the nicest you can hope for.

2 Likes

Very tempted mainly by size but likely will miss bigger screen. Going to store after work to compare again.

1 Like

I’m really excited about the iPhone Mini, but I’m waiting for the pandemic to be over since Face ID is a pain when you have to wear a mask. I’m still using an iPhone 8 right now since it was the last model that I was able to use comfortably with one hand.

1 Like

I have the Mini, upgraded from the original SE. It’s great!

3 Likes

I would be doing the same thing if I hadn’t dropped my current phone too many times. The screen is … not great

1 Like

The perfect one-handed phone.

2 Likes

I just got it yesterday. I upgraded from an iPhone XS. The iPhone 12 mini is probably my favorite iPhone I’ve ever owned.

2 Likes

Yes. It is excellent.

1 Like

Elaborate! What makes it your favorite?

1 Like

I just love the size. It feels like a better version of the 5s. I always felt like the Xs size was just a little too big. This is just right. The fact that it was $100 less expensive than the 12 was just a bonus.

3 Likes

I replaced my just bought iPhone 11 with the 12 Mini as I found the 11 quite big and definitely couldn’t have passed it on to my mother next year, as planned, as it certainly would have been way too big for her. I like the Mini and find it much easier to use but am hard pressed to find any noticeable improvements, apart from the form factor, when compared to the 11.

I must confess that I prefer how my old iPhone 7 felt in my hand, which surprised me. The 7 was also a bit easier to use with one hand as the edge-to-edge display on the 12 Mini gives it a screen size that is just a bit of a reach for my hands at least.

1 Like