Anyone recognise this symbol

Howdy,

I’ve noticed that on occasion when my Mac is in sleep mode I am noticing an icon on the screen that I have not seen before. I am wondering if anyone else can let me know what it is.

It’s the one that looks almost like a pair of Binoculars next to the % of battery sign.

The binoculars icons mean completely different things and they can tell you different things:

• if you see it on the lock login screen, it means that your computer is actively creating a video of your screen
  • If you see it while your computer is unlocked, it means that you enabled the “Remote Management” option on your Mac.
1 Like

Thanks

Now I’m concerned about that answer :flushed::scream:

1 Like

I’ve had the same issue recently but I’m 99% sure it’s from Duet Display which has been barely usable lately - see comments in

reboot removed it

Yes. That makes sense. I tried to use it and was also gutted that it didn’t work since the Catalina update. Was pretty pissed off that sidecar doesn’t work on my 2015 MacBook Pro

1 Like

Same. I ordered a Luna display to salve my wounds.
I’ve connected it, but haven’t used it more than a few minutes.

FYI, here’s a Sal Soghoian special which the Luna display makes possible (and is pretty crazy powerful if you’d like a remote button dashboard for your desktop!):

https://userautomation.com/article/blog0003.html

Oooh! Shiny!
Thanks!