Anyone still using twitter?

I agree, in my case security issues have arisen on FB for example: I have no control really over the kind of usage I make personally of the platform. I stay away from it mostly and will, I think, have to close my account at some point, sooner than I would like. Twitter seems ok at present but I have concerns about that too now. Your point is fine and I might well use FB in some other capacity other than my personal life. It is also the case that platforms change over time and become a liabiltiy, I think that has happened to FB.

1 Like

Never had a Facebook account thank goodness. I have a Twitter account but have not posted in years. I should probably just cancel it. Twitter has turned into a cesspool of stupidity and hate imho. I canā€™t believe people actually get their news there. WTH!

Iā€™m still on Twitter daily - Facebook has been demoted to once or twice a week, and only through Safari, and Instagram is strictly for promoting my freelance photography business :slight_smile:

1 Like

I still use Twitter (and Facebook)ā€¦

ā€¦ ā€œAll the channels all the timeā€. :slight_smile:

I follow a lot of researchers and find Twitter a useful way to keep up to date in my field. A couple of years ago I spent a long time removing news and other media accounts, which I use RSS to follow.

I havenā€™t deleted my Facebook account because I would be unable to contact a few of my friends who live abroad, however I do not have any of their apps (FB, Instagram, Whatapp etc.) installed on any of my devices because I do not trust them. Instead, I use the web version when I need to send a message - which now is only once or twice a month.

Similar here though not on that scale. I look after a digital team that encompasses SM.

I have now deleted FB! yay!

Iā€™m finding Iā€™m on Twitter to scan but rarely contribute (Itā€™s a technical area where I just need the headlines), so that may be going soon. I was off it for a while long enough that I needed a new username.

Will look at Apple news, though general news really is of no interest eitherā€¦ (I like my bubble!) :slight_smile:

Twitter and Instagram have replaced my RSS feeds and email newsletters. I donā€™t follow the news but I follow brands, stores, podcasts, websites, and organizations I like. Thereā€™s no better way to be informed about new releases, sales, events, etc. than Twitter or Instagram.

Twitter also has the added benefit of being heavily used by a lot of software engineers. Itā€™s an easy way for me to see what very talented people are doing.

I donā€™t follow many ā€œrealā€ people on Instagram and none on Twitter. I also never Tweet outside of replies so while Iā€™d love to pay for Tweetbot because I dislike the Twitter website, I canā€™t justify the cost just yet.