Apollo shutting down the last day of June

Unfortunately it’s not available in my region :frowning: . I hope it is available soon.

Development of Fig has stopped long time ago and the author is/was trying to sell the App.

1 Like

Problem as always is money, a forum is fine but it still needs to be monetised or be an adjunct to something else that makes money as there are hosting fees to be paid and let’s be honest a lot of moderation on many which takes time as well as fortitude

1 Like

Yup. For a year I ran a niche Discourse forum. I spent tons of time promoting it and eventually had a couple hundred users (I think). But unfortunately there was no engagement, which is why I ultimately shut it down. I had just started to monetize with Adsense, but I was also paying for a more turnkey solution that was more expensive.

As @pantulis said, there is an app, but honestly it’s still quite limited, no gesture support…etc.

on iphone i’m using the DiscourseHub app, you can register and login to all the Discourse forums you participate in. But the app is so limited, things like gesture support is still missing. And if you open a post there is no return button. Hopefully they’ll ramp up the development now that Reddit mods and users looking for alternative.

Agreed, I personally don’t have issue with adding some ads on a site, but making the ads the main goal of running the platform like how Facebook, IG and Reddit doing is the problem. When I open these sites/apps the majority of what i see is promoted content. Few years back they wasn’t like that at all, now they are a source of noise, and they must generate revenue no matter how to feed the hungry investors.

1 Like

I do have to mention here that Facebook has changed over the years and has finally started pushing relevant promoted content into my FB feed, so for me it has somehow migrated from mom & pop social networking to something a little bit more different and interesting. I think it is probably inferring my interests based on my Facebook Group subscriptions.

If you scroll up a little, the return button shows up at the bottom of the screen along with a few other controls.