App for recordings a phone call?

If I want to record a phone call when I’m being called, which apps do you suggest I could use?

None?

Apple does not allow this (recording calls made with an iPhone on that same iPhone).

It’s a free option built into Google Voice. The system issues an electronic voice alert when recording begins and ends.

This article details how you can record to either an app or voicemail via a call you initiate.

And of course there’s this $7 device to connect to a recording device - 20 years ago it’d have been to a Walkman.

Not for me, but thank you.

Cheers.

I’m sorry to hear that. I thought it was possible.
Thanks.

It’s possible. This app works very well.

TapeACall Pro: Call Recorder by Epic Enterprises.

2 Likes

Thanks! A bit expensive but pretty much what I was looking for.

1 Like

Note that it’s not recording on your device, but via a separate line of the creator of the App:

NOTE: TapeACall requires your carrier supports 3-way calling.

When you’re on a call and you want to record it, open TapeACall and press the record button. We will put your call on hold and dial our recording line. As soon as our line answers tap the merge button on your screen to create a 3 way call between your other caller and our recording line.

If you want to record an outgoing call, just press the record button. The app will dial our recording line and will begin recording as soon as our line answers. Once that happens, tap the add call button on your screen, call the person you want to record, then press the merge button when they answer.

1 Like

It’s possible. This app works very well.
TapeACall Pro: Call Recorder by Epic Enterprises.

Second this. I used it for a series of interviews that I then turned over for transcription. It’s a good service.

2 Likes