App to Remove Formatting From Clipboard

Hello! Any suggestions for an app that removes formatting and web styles from text? I see a lot on the App Store, but don’t know which to try.

I am copying text from Safari (on Mac) into OmniOutliner (on iOS) with universal clipboard, but it is including all of the web text coding when I paste. A screenshot is attached. Shift+option+command+V does not remove this information. The only success I have had thus far is pasting the text on the Mac into a plain text editor, then copying again and using universal clipboard.

IMG_0050

Can you use Command + V for pasting without format into OmniOutliner? Works fine in other apps.

1 Like

A „Swiss army knife“ for format removing and other kinds of text manipulation on the Mac is „TextSoap“. Not the cheapest app, but it is very powerful, has a long history and it is updated regularly. I use it often and can recommend it.

As a more simple alternative you can take a look at „Clean Text“ which is also available for iOS.

1 Like

My multiple clipboard has that as an option built-in Screen%20Shot

http://apprywhere.com/copy-em-paste.html

2 Likes

Popclip should be able to offer that functionality.

2 Likes

One of the DEVONtechnologies Word Services tools might be helpful – free.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, it does not work with the universal clipboard across devices.

Keyboard Maestro can remove formatting from the clipboard. It also does a thousand other things, so I’d recommend it for any Mac power user. Best money you’ll spend for Mac automation.

3 Likes

If you can’t google an Automator service, you could try creating your own.

1 Like

I use FlyCut. Command V will paste with formatting, but shift command V strips formatting. It is a free app (I think, or really low cost) on the Mac App Store.

1 Like

Launchbar does it automatically, but you have to change a setting to make this the default (which I have done).

2 Likes

Also, I’ve been reminded that with Copy 'Em Paste, even if that mode is turned off, one can hold ⌥ when pasting formatted text to output plain text.

1 Like

I love Plain Clip for this. It’s faceless. You can assign a keyboard shortcut to it if you want. You can configure how much you want to strip.

(The developer has some other useful tools as well.)

2 Likes

You can do this with Keyboard Maestro too.

There’s an option fo “Filter System Clipboard with Remove Styles” that I’ve mapped to Option-V.

1 Like