App update Issue

Hi All

I have 4 macs between work and home, 2 running Big Sur and 2 running Catalina. They all seems to suffer from issues updating the apps from the app store from time to time but becoming more often.

It appears to download looking at the blue circle but then pops up a message. Unable to download App. appname (ie monosnap) could not be installed please try again later. It could be days before it actually works.

Anyone else getting this and is there a way to fix it

Thanks

There was a thread here about this a few months ago. I agree it is an ongoing annoying problem. I had posted some suggestions in that other thread, that work from time to time, but I’ve given up trying to find a permanent fix to the situation.

Some apps are worse than others with the failed updates. GoodNotes 5 is one of them – it fails to update over and over. I’ve had to resort to deleting the app, rebooting, then reinstalling it.

1 Like

Same thing here but it’s never taken days. Usually on second or sometimes third try it works. Sometimes I just quit the App Store then open again and try. It’s an annoyance that should not be happening.

1 Like

Agree with @anon41602260 it is a nuisance with all of it. It’s happening to more apps for me lately. I started making a list and noticed that the Apple Apps (Keynote, Pages, Numbers, etc) never experience this issue. But almost every other app does (Fantastical, Drafts, GoodNotes, etc) I normally just close and exit the App Store several times and then it’s best to update each app 1 by 1.

1 Like

Seeing it pretty often on macOS 11.2. I can’t seem to find a pattern on what apps will fail to update when.

1 Like

I get this often. A reboot always fixes it for me.