Apple Account balance - "not accepted by this website" (the site is … Apple!)

I’m trying to buy an iPad (I know, I know, not a good time with new ones around the corner), and I have some money in my Apple Account balance. I’m trying to use that balance first when ordering online, but get different messages on Mac and iPad, showing it as not being available.

On Mac:

Mac

On iPad:

Has anybody run into this? I got the money into my Apple Account by adding three Visa gift cards, one at a time, as payment sources, adding to my account balance after each one and zeroing out each card. But now I don’t seem to be able to use those funds. Maybe I just need to give it time.

I did find one website which suggests Screen Time could be the cause of the iPad’s error message, but I don’t have Screen Time enabled.

We had a similar issue. Are you by any chance trying to add Apple Care paying monthly? We were told that we could add the monthly after getting the product. We ended up purchasing the two-year option and were able to use the balance we had on the account. We thought it was weird, but the it seemed to be a common issue.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! I saw that moments after I posted my original post, so I removed Apple Care+ from my order, and I’m still getting that error. I’ll try again shortly.

1 Like

So, bingo! Thanks, John. Removing Apple Care+ didn’t work on my Mac, but I went over to my iPhone to complete the order, and it went through. So I think that was it. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like

That is great to hear. Glad I was able to help with the spending…:slight_smile:

1 Like

:grinning: I’m already going through the stages of excitement, to “hmm, do I really need this?” to whatever comes after that.

1 Like

I go through that every time. I recently cleaned out some tech and traded in quite a few things. It came in handy for Christmas.

1 Like