Apple Card - Military Not Welcome without State Issued Photo ID

I have applied for an Apple Card, but because my Photo ID is a United States Government Military Identification, Goldman-Sachs will not approved the card because it’s not a “State Issued ID”. I’ve offered to send a copy of my Passport, and my Nevada Driver’s License which does NOT have a photo (in it’s place, “Valid Without Photo”). Has anyone had this problem too, and do you know of a workaround? I find it hard to swallow that Apple would be so unaccommodating to Military Folks stationed overseas, so I believe the problem is with Goldman-Sachs. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated! My wife and I would both like to buy the new iPhone 11 Pro Max, but would like to have an Apple Card first. Thanks!

Have you seen this list of tips?

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250001013

It came from this thread on someone having a similar issue. It appeared to work for them.

Yes…7th item on the bulleted list says: Military ID, or state issued ID, a passport will not work.

It just doesn’t say why. :frowning:

1 Like

The text of the 7th bullet is “You need a drivers license, Military ID, or state issued ID, a passport will not work.” Due to the punctuation used, it’s not clear what won’t work. It could be interpreted as the first three will work, but not a passport.

I realize this doesn’t help you. I would pursue with both Apple Card support and Goldman-Sachs if you want the card.