Apple Mail and Gmail Mojave 10.14.4

macos

Upon upgrading to MacOS Mojave 10.14.4 my gmail accounts no longer would connect through Apple Mail. I repeatedly got a message to sign into my accounts and as soon as I did - the message came back.

I have tried:

1. removing and re-creating the account in System Preferences/Internet Account on my Mac and when I did the account is listed as “null” and goes back to asking me to sign into Gmail account.
  2. I tried turning on IMAP in gmail settings and nothing changed.

Suggestions welcome, thanks

0 Likes

0 Likes

Try shutting down the Mac wait a min and turn back on (not reboot…)

0 Likes

I shut the system down and turned back on and tried to add gmail accounts. I received the same error message as before - Enter the password for the account “(null)”. I get the same message to open safari and sign in and the process just keeps repeating.

0 Likes

I might have to give this option a try…

0 Likes

I know it works when having trouble reconnecting to an Apple ID.

0 Likes

This problem appears to be widespread. This thread has a suggestion that has apparently worked for some people:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250259379?page=1

0 Likes

Thank you! I’m going to try setting up as imap again and see if that will work this time.

0 Likes

Just spent 30 minutes on the phone with Apple Support with no fix. After speaking with a senior tech person the first agent told me that this was an issue with Gmail and I’d need to reach out to Google for a fix. She said they are aware of the problem with other users, but stopped short of offering any help.

0 Likes

Did you try removing all Google related Key’s from the Keychain?
Also remove the associated .plist from the user preferences.
Then a full booth and try again.

0 Likes