Apple Mail and Gmail Mojave 10.14.4

Upon upgrading to MacOS Mojave 10.14.4 my gmail accounts no longer would connect through Apple Mail. I repeatedly got a message to sign into my accounts and as soon as I did - the message came back.

I have tried:

1. removing and re-creating the account in System Preferences/Internet Account on my Mac and when I did the account is listed as “null” and goes back to asking me to sign into Gmail account.
  2. I tried turning on IMAP in gmail settings and nothing changed.

Suggestions welcome, thanks

Try shutting down the Mac wait a min and turn back on (not reboot…)

I shut the system down and turned back on and tried to add gmail accounts. I received the same error message as before - Enter the password for the account “(null)”. I get the same message to open safari and sign in and the process just keeps repeating.

I might have to give this option a try…

I know it works when having trouble reconnecting to an Apple ID.

This problem appears to be widespread. This thread has a suggestion that has apparently worked for some people:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250259379?page=1

Thank you! I’m going to try setting up as imap again and see if that will work this time.

Just spent 30 minutes on the phone with Apple Support with no fix. After speaking with a senior tech person the first agent told me that this was an issue with Gmail and I’d need to reach out to Google for a fix. She said they are aware of the problem with other users, but stopped short of offering any help.

Did you try removing all Google related Key’s from the Keychain?
Also remove the associated .plist from the user preferences.
Then a full booth and try again.