Apple Music Replay

Apple took the idea behind Spotify’s ‘Wrapped’, and enhanced it. Apple Music Replay allows subscribers look back at your favorite music from 2019. While Spotify’s Wrapped does the same thing Apple’s version is ongoing, showing playlists for every year you’ve subscribed to Apple Music, retroactively, with any songs easily added with a click to one’s Apple Music Library.

2 Likes

This would be a lot nicer if you could exclude genres (e.g. Christmas, Children’s)…I created a smart playlist to fix this but my 2015 top 100 is now my top 56. & that will only work on the Mac.

1 Like

Sometimes they aren’t very smart with that kind of stuff. Doesn’t seem like it should be so hard.

Where did you find that?

It’s in Apple Music, rolling out to everyone. I can even see the lists of people I follow:

I just looked through mine and I’m really looking forward to playing them.

There’s the odd entry occasionally, such as “A a a a a very good song” getting in at number 3 in 2018. I also get A Team high up: for those who don’t know, these songs auto-pl ay a lot in cars when the system turns on.

1 Like

So, I realised I’m actually most interested in the older mixes, not 2019 (I feel that playing the 2019 mix would skew its results, and there are plenty of other good playlists for current songs anyway).

This means I could make a static playlist for each of them, and remove Christmas/accidental songs and have the benefit of the playlists. This has meant my 2018 playlist dropped from 99 to 86 songs, so well worth the effort for me.

1 Like

I was a bit shocked by my yearly top songs - I realize that I tend to find ‘earworm’ pop singles I listen to over and over (until I’m over them), which skews the list. So overall my Replay lists are filled with junk-food songs that I don’t really want much to listen to any more.