Apple News stories in other languages?

Does anyone know how to tell the Apple News app I’d like to see Deutsche Welle stories auf Deutsch?

There’s no automatic translation.

In your case I’d subscribe to similar stories/sites/topics in Flipboard or news.google, then automatically translate whole pages to German using Google’s Translate extension when used in Chrome (don’t know if it or anything similar is available in Safari)

I’m actually interested in the untranslated articles in the original German (and articles from a few other non-English sources). I know they’re published on the web, but I don’t know how to find them in Apple News.

Since Apple News is only available in the U.S., UK, and Australia they’re focused on news for those areas, and focused on English-language news.

I imagine it’s a daunting task to roll out news for more countries and varied geographic areas, not to mention languages - while maintaining editorial quality and following copyright laws by doing appropriate licensing. So it will probably be a while before you can find Wirtschaftswoche or Handels Zeitung on Apple News (in any language).