Apple Notes & Calendar

Hi,

I’m wondering if there is a way to “attach” or link a note to a calendar event ?
A use case is to have set a meeting in the calendar, then write notes in Note about it. How link the 2 of then, so I can find them for future reference…

You can if you’re working on macOS and you use DEVONthink for your notes. Right click on the pertinent note and select Copy Item Link, then paste that into the ‘Add URL’ section of your Calendar entry. The link carries across to your iOS devices too, and will pull the correct note from DEVONthink To Go. Works like a charm!

It didn’t click for me, but seems that yours is a good use case for the app Agenda

1 Like

There’s no native way to link to an Apple Note, as far as I know. Ulysses and Bear both have x-platform links that you can paste.

If you share a note with yourself, it will create an iCloud link to the note. You can paste that link elsewhere. I don’t use this myself, but just tested it and it seems to work.

Yes, this works great. You can do the same with Ulysses if you prefer that app. I use both but for different purposes.

Great tip, thank you.

It even works when writing the note in DEVONthink to Go and copy the link from there on iOS.

Yes, I reread the post by Federico Viticci of MacStories, he is using this workaround to get the link. I forgot he mentioned it :stuck_out_tongue: But thanks for telling !

Funny that 3rd party app have easy URL, but not Apple’s own App :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like