Apple Notes Export

For fellow Apple Notes enthusiasts…

I use Apple Notes for my PKM system…simple, great sync, and has my beloved tags.

Have any of you ever requested a backup of your Notes from

https://appleid.apple.com/ then going to the Data and Privacy section?

I had forgotten about this for exports. It says it could take up to 7 days so not super/immediately portable but curious to see how it exports the files and notes vs the standard PDF from within the app.

I have a chunk of different media in there, interested to see the output. I just requested mine.

1 Like

I used this tool…Exporter

This allowed me to export to markdown.

1 Like

@Rob_Polding I’m also using AN rather extensively. Does Exporter work well?

Oh nice…I wasn’t aware it could export attachments. Thanks for the share.

or more.

I recently requested an export of my purchases. On day 5 or 6 I got an email saying the could not fulfill my request and would try again. A few days later I received an email saying it was ready. The system isn’t for people in a hurry.

I had some issues recently and needed to clear my Apple notes out and start fresh, exporter worked perfectly to get to markdown. I think I’m going to start doing a monthly backup of my work notes this way since it’s so easy to keep the markdown files as an archive.

Front what I can tell the pay version of exporter let’s you pick and choose what you want to export. But it does just do an export and maintains folder structure so I’ll probably just delete all but my work folders for backup.

1 Like

I have not used it for a while, but when I used it last the export worked fine.

1 Like

About an hour before reading your post I had decided to do the same way and I created a recurring monthly reminder. :grinning: