Apple Notes not Syncing

Just when I decide to switch to Apple Notes in seems that Catalina and iOS 13 has blown up syncing. I can get a short period of syncing when I shut down all of my machines, but that’s it. Looks like I’m sticking with Evernote after all.

1 Like

There sure are some syncing issues with the latest iOS/OS releases. Right this very minute, I am having Apple Notes syncing issues, and when I delete a iMessage on one device, it does not delete from the other device. Deleted emails do the same.

Is this just happening between the MacOS and iOS devices? I just use an iPad and iPhone nowadays and I have updated both of them. I haven’t noticed any issues between the notes apps but I know some stuff on the files apps haven’t synced correctly yet.

I’ve turned off Notes sync. Currently have an open ticket with Apple.

I’m seeing this in Notes and Mail, too. Thinking I may have to export everything into Simplenote (since nvUltra is not ready yet)

To investigate syncing problems I always start with the the server. In this case iCloud. Log into iCloud and create a note. Then see how it propagates along your devices. Then delete / modify that note and see how that moves along. This will quickly help you determine where the bottle neck is.

I am having exactly the same problem with Catalina. Notes are not syncing. It happens on all my devices; iOS 13 and MacOS Catalina… has anyone solved this situation?
I logged it out of iCloud and logged again with no good results.

I had this problem earlier this week with iCloud syncing not working between Apple Notes on one of my MacBook Pro’s and my other iOS devices. After wasting a lot of time trying to identify the issue, I gave up. When I came back a few hours later, the syncing had happened. Does seem like some congestion (or other) issues with Notes syncing via iCloud this week!

2 Likes