Apple Notes vs Drafts

Drafts and Notes not Drafts vs Notes

Different critters — one or the other or both — It all depends.

1 Like

I have to follow up on my earlier post about Drafts. It was me and I was not understanding how the sharing worked and how to get stuff into the into the other apps that I use. I think I will start with a limited use of Drafts since my workflow (if you can call it that) is pretty simple and straight forward. I generally start with the stock apps, templates, and then work out from there. I generally stick to OF, notes, Documents by Reedle and PDF Expert, Mail, and Pages / Scrivener for writing.
I still do see the value of .txt files but I guess when I am ready I will; or I won’t and then that means that I don’t need to.
Thank you
Hank

This post is a bit old and since Apple has updated its Notes app, I was wondering if the comparison is still relevant.
I am struggling to figure out the workflow between both these apps. Do you use Drafts to store notes, or is it just a first-stop note-taking app before dispatching the note to other apps?
thanks in advance for your feedback

I started with Drafts being a temporary storage before I file them into, mainly Obsidian sometimes, Awesome Notes or Apple Notes. But with the amount of notes I take daily, I find it a chore to keep on filing them and ended up with Drafts as my main note filing app. I use tags and workspace to file them. I’m much happier as I don’t have to spend time worrying and filing things.

2 Likes