Apple Pencil (cheap) trick

Maskes :writing_hand: so much better!!

20 Likes

What pen is that? Might give this a go!

2 Likes

This particular one is Banner gel ink… guessing any would do though :grinning:

IMG_0039PNG%20image

6 Likes

:+1: nice, easy and cheap :rofl: and easy to swap colours too to match one’s mood

1 Like

Cheap but very effective Apple Pencil holder.

2 Likes

:+1: Could you share the trick? :grinning:

Snap! I’ve added an extra little trick to mine; the clip of a Bullet Pen. image

2 Likes

It’s actually fairly difficult to find a pen with a grip just the right size. Most are too small I also found it quite a tough job to get mine onto the Pencil barrel.

1 Like

My favorite is a Pentel Sharp mechanical pencil clip. Pro tip for squeezing one of these on: slide it from the pointy end! You’re sliding it farther, but it’s much easier to get on from that side.

IMG_0541

I use a lot more pencils than pens, so having the extra pencils around is nice, plus the Pentel Sharp comes in the less-common 0.9mm thickness, which I prefer.

3 Likes

How about us all making a list of the pens/pencils from which we scrounge “body parts” to accessorise our Pencil (or maybe other hardware)?

2 Likes

What pen is this grip from @shaolin108 ?

1 Like

Accessories for Apple Pencil (scrounged)

• Banner gel ink - grip (Thanks @AFC)
  • Pentel Sharp mechanical pencil - clip (install from pointed end) Thanks @davemacdo
  • PaperMate InkJoy 300 RT - grip (mine, rather hard to install)
  • Fisher Bullet Pen - clip (clip can be bought separately, is slightly loose)
  • Pilot Super Grip - grip (@shaolin108 ? Maybe this works if warmed first?). Edit Confirmed: Pilot G-2 05
  • Uniball Signo 207 - grip (Thanks @Floeem )
  • Sakura Micron Pigma - clip (Thanks @Floeem )
3 Likes

You have made my wife very happy. She says the pencil is much more comfortable and easier to grip. Only downside is that it doesn’t go into her holder on her iPad case as easily.

1 Like

:grinning: :+1: :+1:
Mine is a bit loose because I keep sliding it up and down because if the cover hole…

It was from a black Pilot G-2 05 that I just happened to have on my desk.

jpg_640x640

3 Likes

Also works - Uniball Signo 207 grip
Sakura Micron Pigma - clip

1 Like