Apple Podcast iOS episode queue and auto-play?

Hello friends

Not a power user question, but a rather a beginner one!

I’m about to go on a long drive and want to queue different episodes from different podcasts to play automatically, one after another. I don’t want to have to fiddle with my phone while on the motorway. I use Apple podcasts on iOS. Is this possible?

Alternatively, is there another podcast app that automatically works with my Apple podcasts library (I can’t be bothered to import all my shows manually, and have spent some time sorting them into custom channels).

Thanks!

Sure; just go to each episode you want and hit Add to Queue in its upper right menu. The queue should automatically play after your current episode finishes.

Thanks! I’ve been playing around with that. But this ‘queue’ is loaded into the memory but you can’t see this queued playlist anywhere, or edit the order, etc?

And this ‘queue’ isn’t the same as the ‘up next’ list, or is this, in fact, the ‘queue’ and the two options you get is top add an episode to the top or bottom of that list?

I’m asking these dense questions because I seem to be able to remove items from the ‘Up next’ list in the ‘Listen Now’ tab, but not add items to this list. At least tapping ‘play next’ for any one episode doesn’t move to episode to the top of the ‘Up next’ list.

Ah, gotcha. You’ll have to view the currently playing episode, then tap the menu in the bottom tabs to see what’s queued. It has normal drag-and-drop controls there for re-ordering and you swipe on individual episodes to delete them.

1 Like

Gotcha indeed! That’s exactly what I was after. I don’t know how I missed this.

Thanks so much, that’s my 7 hrs drive sorted out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent. Safe travels! :slight_smile:

1 Like