Apple Power Mac G5 needs a new home

I have an Apple Power Mac G5 that’s been in storage for years, and unfortunately, I no longer have a need for it. I haven’t powered it up in a couple decades, but when I last shut it down, there were zero issues with it. I don’t want to eWaste it, and would like to find a good home for it. Any suggestions on how to make that happen? The new owner will need to install hard drives, as the original drives have long since been removed.

Cheers.

1 Like

Are you in the US? There’s a Facebook group called LEM Swap USA where people post a lot of stuff.

I gave up trying to rehome old equipment because the market for a computer that’s not compatible with the current internet standards is just hobbyists or collectors— a very small group.

1 Like

A local educational institution might be interested, possibly for a history of computing display or museum.

2 Likes

Tempting, but I’m afraid how much shipping that would cost.

I live in the Bay Area, and we have a great computer history museum (https://computerhistory.org). I’ll check to see if they’re interested.

1 Like

Another, similar, group is Buy Nothing Group of [WHATEVER YOUR CLOSEST CITY IS].

1 Like