Apple Recommends Print to PDF Shortcut

I was just browsing the Mac App Store and found this “Master Your Mac” article on custom shortcuts: ‎The Power of Custom Shortcuts : Mac App Store Story. Looks like one of their favorites is @MacSparky’s ⌘P twice to print to PDF.

Good to know I’m in good company, that’s one of my favorites as well. :+1:

5 Likes

I’ve long used the double ⌘P short cut – but my second ⌘P is set to “Save PDF to DEVONthink”. Combined with configuring “Import” in DEVONthink preferences to “Select Group…” (which means “ask for a destination every time you import”) I can print PDFs of web pages directly to DEVONthink. Saves keystrokes over the standard DEVONthink import methods.

For “clutter free” imports to DEVONthink, I have a Keyboard Maestro macro that puts the Safari tab into Reader mode and then executes the double ⌘P shortcut.

FWIW, any other print-to-PDF destination can be given a distinct shortcut. E.g., ⌘P⌘Q for saving to Curiota for import to Curio.

3 Likes

Oooh.

Do you mind sharing this?

Very easy. This one happens to be executed from the my Safari palette, but could be reproduced anywhere. (I have a palette for every app I use frequently – the palette is always invoked by ^\ and is sensitive to the given app context. )

4 Likes