Apple Reminders MacOS quick entry

I have recently moved to Apple Reminders from Things 3.
The only feature I miss is the Quick Entry & Quick Entry with Autofill. I was wondering what work arounds are people using, a way to be able to add to Reminders from any where in the system?

Thank you!

1 Like

For my purposes, right-click and Share works fine. As does the share sheet in the apps that support it

1 Like

There is also a shortcut you can use for quick entry.

1 Like

These two features is exactly why I went back to using Things.

2 Likes

Apart from that, I’m not sure how go about the general clunkiness of reminders after having used Things extensively along with its great shortcuts (on iPad they’re every bit as good).

The ux of reminders is simply atrocious compared to Things imo.

2 Likes

I find interacting with Reminders is much better with the free Reminders Menubar, which allows for quick entry and access.

I posted a guide to my publication about its use: Manage Reminders from Your Mac’s Menu Bar

3 Likes

Yep same for me, these were two key points on MacOS, not such an issue on iOS.

Did you try enabling Type to Siri on MacOS, then you can type your reminder prompt and like magic you are set to go. Some examples of what you could ask (it’s quite powerful):

“Remind me to <insert whatever you want with date, and it will pick it all up>”
“What is my next reminder”
“Show me reminders due today”
“What reminders are due tomorrow”
“Reminder about dishes”
And plenty more

Enable type to siri under accessibility:

Check (or change) what the shortcut is for Siri:

Example 1 - Simple reminder with time and date

Example 2 - Remind me about “this” (meaning the web site or email you have open on the screen)

5 Likes

Tangentially related, I used Remind Me Faster in iOS to more quickly add reminders on the go.

1 Like

You could perhaps use Siri. I sometimes use Siri to set a reminder when I am not in a position to type, so it should work here.

I use this for Mac.

1 Like

100% do this, as it allows me to have the link embedded in a form of little icon impeded within the task. I use this with notes and mail.

I agree with you full heartedly.
the reason why I left things is mainly to do with privacy. Reminders allows me to use my hospital exchange account and I can safely store sensitive data there, something that I will not be able to do Things.

This is a great idea, thank you!!!
I will give it a go :slight_smile:

I use Fantastical - and in addition to parsing dates and appointments in the menubar app, it will also parse Reminders (and add due dates, assign to lists etc.) I think that works even without paying for a subscription.

If you aren’t using Fantastical, Calendar 366+ has the same functionality.

On iOS and iPadOS I just use Siri.

I just purchased it. It works well, thanks for recommending it.

Please let me know the cost? Thank you

It shows $2.99 in the U.S. App Store.

1 Like