Apple search engine - where do I find it?

If you type a search in Safari, and hit enter the search goes to your default search provider - usually Google, unless you have re set it.

I think the Apple search engine results show when you pull down on the iPhone Home Screen, and you type the search at the top.

Some of the results shown in safari, before you hit enter after typing in the address bar, may be Apple search engine results.

Does anybody know if either of those is 100% Apple search engine results? Any other place I can go to get Apple search engine results?

When I search online for this question all I get is instructions on how to change the safari default search provider from Google, to Bing, or Ecosia.

Apple does not have a publicly facing search engine. They do have web crawlers which are potentially used for a variety of reasons. Rumor sites have seen this and projected that Apple will create a search engine.

One of these potential use cases is likely the results you see in Safari/Spotlight. It does not mean that Apple will ever make that publicly searchable.

1 Like

You should consider taking a look at this topic.

1 Like

Looks like those search results default to Google anyway.

The crawler definitely exists, and Apple says Products like Siri and Spotlight Suggestions use Applebot

I’m curious if any of these search results are available on the Mac outside Siri, and what indications you might use that this result is supplied by Applebot results vs Wolfram Alpha, or Wikipedia, or anything else that all gets glommed together into spotlight suggestions on iOS and so you can’t really know with results come from which source.