Apple Watch 9 and the two watch lifestyle

After purchasing my AW9, I set it up from the AW6 Backup and it was up and running pretty quickly.

I love the new sports band (Flourolstimer?) it’s so much softer than my previous one, I suspect that the 3 year old one has hardened. (Either that or Apple have made some fantastic improvements in that time frame). The AW9 is snappier than I expected in everyday use, e.g. swiping between faces (BTW, Apple has not added that setting to the backup, I had to switch it on again), turning my wrist and using Siri

At bed time, I went to put my new watch on my charging stand and suddenly realised I could wear my AW6 for bed, leaving the AW9 to charge overnight.

This has 3 massive benefits.

1. No risk that on a busy day, I won’t have time to charge, or have to wait up for charging to finish
  2. it minimises the battery wear on the newer watch from extra charging, and
  3. I’ll start every day with 100% charge instead of at 85 - 80%

I’m now disappointed I didn’t make the purchase earlier and had been stressing about the battery so much.:rage:

The Midnight colour is not as beautiful as the blue :frowning:

1 Like

I thought this was about alternating between a « dumb » watch and an Apple watch. Some watch people wear a mechanical watch on one wrist, and an Apple watch on the other. I think its a bit silly, so I alternate between my nice-looking watches and my Apple watch.

2 Likes

I did the same with an Apple Watch 8 and the Ultra 2. It didn’t last more than 3 months. Maybe because they’re so different? I couldn’t go back the regular screen after a few hours with the Ultra.

I kept the 8 though for some smart outfits and cause I have so many bands for that colour :sweat_smile:, but I barely use it anymore.

1 Like

I have been living the two watch life for about a year. I wear an Apple Watch 7 as my primary watch during the day and wear my Apple Watch 4 for sleep. The Apple Watch 4 has a very basic face with just the time. When I wake in the middle of the night it is nice to just see the time and nothing else. I then put my Apple Watch 7 on in the morning with a full charge. :grin:

1 Like

I tried the two-watch life for a little but found it annoying switching between the two on what was “active”. Decided it wasn’t worth it since I could find 30-60 minutes a day to charge.

1 Like

That calls to mind this from the Verge Why I double-wrist a traditional watch and smartwatch, and why you should, too - The Verge

2 Likes

I pretty much just use the AW6 for monitoring while I’m asleep and as an alarm.

The difference between the AW6 and the 9 is not massive.

Yeah I know what you mean, I tried something slightly different, to actually rotate between the watches from time to time.