Apple Watch breakthrough

From my journal two years ago: My Apple Watch alarm went off while I was watching the dishes, and without thinking about it I tapped the watch face with my nose to switch the alarm off. I believe I have hit on a breakthrough in nasal user interface design.

8 Likes

Some of us have been doing this since the first Apple Watch came out and Myke Hurley spoke about it pretty early on, on Connected.

Admittedly I did this while washing dishes to talk to my wife via Walkie Talkie yesterday.

I think this is something everyone should try.

In fact, I insist.

2 Likes

I’m a late adopter then.

2 Likes

Remind me again: The walkie-talkie feature, is between friends (whoever has been added/accepted), and is AW to AW only?

So the benefit is speaking through the Watch, using data, instead of using airtime on the phone — and not having to take the phone out etc etc.?

Actually forgot about it as a feature — but since I’m the only one in the immediate family with an AW, haven’t really missed it (I think?).

1 Like

Yeah, it is mostly useless—not that different from “Hey Siri, tell my wife to bring the charger upstairs.”

But holding your nose on the talk button while speaking to it because your hands are full of suds is… well, let’s call it a humbling experience.

4 Likes

Maybe the most unique way I’ve used it was with my nose while kayaking!!

1 Like

In situations like this I actually …use my tongue… I tried the nose but my tongue has better precision lol

2 Likes

I admit, given our current circumstances, that seems like a really bad idea. :rofl:

3 Likes

@Zack The screen of my watch is usually pretty filthy — same for my iPhone and iPad — so eww. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I mean, who hasn’t given their Apple Watch a sensual lick as part of the unboxing experience?

3 Likes

you should see what I do to my iPad

1 Like

I expect it involves sneezing.

1 Like