Apple Watch Timer!

I am beginning to think a lot of things broke for Apple in the last 24 hours.

Up until yesterday, I could say on my Watch ‘hey Siri, set a timer for 5 minutes’

Now it just says ‘there are no timers installed on your watch and it wants to go to the App Store’ However, the default timer app is on the watch and I can set it manually.

1 Like

You don’t happen to have a shortcut with timer in the name ? I have a Zola Jesus shortcut, and my HomePod refuses to play Zola Jesus, giving an error instead.

Or do you have a bunch of 5 minute timers already in the (Timer) app?

This happened to me, “Set for Noon…” “Set for 1PM…” Same error msg as @FrMichaelFanous
Once I deleted all the existing Noon, 1PM, etc., etc. It started working again

Same issue here. I think it did work before the latest update, which I just did yesterday.

1 Like

I’m on WatchOS 9.2 and haven’t had any Siri timer problems

Also working fine here on 9.2

This just happened to me tonight. No other timers set.

I’ve had this happen once, but other than that’s it’s been fine. Timers and weather are the only reasons why I keep my Apple Watch.

Happens to me a few times a year. I use different variations of command to use timers on the Apple Watch if one doesn’t work.

Run timer for 5 minutes
Set timer for 5 minutes

Command that works for me every single time is the simplest:
Timer 5 minutes

Happened to me this morning too, now (12 h later) all works as expected.

Hehe same, I don’t use Siri but absolutely love the Timer function on Apple Watch. It’s probably the app I use the most. I’m constantly using the 5 minute function to brew my tea (I get distracted otherwise and end up with undrinkable tea that’s been brewing for half an hour).

My only niggle is I wish there was a default button for 45 mins.

You’re not the only one. I had the same issue several days ago. The problem went away before I had time to troubleshoot or even try a restart.