I did a quick search and couldn’t find this topic.
If you Have an AWU, what do you use your action button for please.
Just ordered my first and looking for ideas to make the most of it.
My first thought is a Shortcuts menu to invoke a walk, invoke a run, and something to dictate a text note.
1 Like
I use my action button to activate my workout each morning
2 Likes
grs
September 12, 2026, 9:19pm
4
I use it for the flashlight (when I remember to use it at all).
zkarj
September 13, 2026, 12:04am
5
I don’t have an AWU but I’ve finally found a use for my iPhone 16’s action button, which I think could also work on the watch.
I use it to launch Unforgetful’s add-by-dictation screen (via Shortcut). I’ve had an action button for 2 years now and only in the last 10 days have I found something I have been routinely remembering to use it for.
ciaran
September 13, 2026, 1:35am
6
I use it to start my bike “workouts” each day when i head to/from work or the gym.
It’s ideal for me because it works without have to make the screen work and is easy to remember as i get going.
1 Like
rob
September 13, 2026, 7:48am
8
On my iPhone it’s Shazam.
If I had a Series 12 or Ultra 4 I don’t even need that because of the new “always listening” feature?
Audio Intelligence is a brand-new class of Apple Intelligence features that use the microphones of Apple Watch, the power of Apple silicon, and on-device and cloud-based AI models to help you detect sounds, identify music, and stay present and...
Or is this also not available in the EU?
On the iPhone action button I have a menu which offers the following:
Open Settings
Add Action to Omnifocus
Add action to Due
Add location to Day one
Other than opening settings (This allowed me to take the settings app off my dock), it allows me to quickly capture important things.
I’ve found the flashlight to be the best use for me!
2 Likes