Appreciating that Safari on Monterey uses Live Text on Web Images

So today I was just starting to learn SwiftUI, reading this:

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode/creating-your-app-s-interface-with-swiftui

I want to read example about HStack, so I hit ⌘+F and search that word. To my surprise, it also include text HStack on screenshot of XCode:

“Woah, this is neat!”, I thought.
But that one is not enough, I need more test! So I try on the previous tab, it is @jsnell’s review of Monterey:

I tried searching for word ‘happy’. To my surprise, it also include two ‘happy’ text in an image with relatively small font:

This one feature is amazing! Kudos to Apple / Monterey / Safari / Live Text team I guess :smiley:

Edit

I forget to mention that as expected on how Live Text works, you can also select text with your cursor.

3 Likes

YMMV – selecting the text on the Snell page then copying it:

This is an excuns ame to be a Mac user. yes, big surlooks and feels very d
come to know. But that’s part of the excitement. I’m excited that Apple is shaking up the Mac after many
years of complacency. If you’re not excited by this, I understand it-and Catalina (and let’s be honest
Molave is there for vou in the meantime, I here’s no ne
20 to uodate to Bie sur rient now
if you’re naoo
where you are. It will be here for you when you re ready- or when you buy a new Mac. Many users will
probably first experience Big Sur when they buy their first Mac with an Apple-designed processor inside, and
that seems aboungn
I’m happy that the Mac has more