April 2019 Sales and Software Deals

BeLight Software’s Business Card Composer 5, normally selling in the Mac App Store for $12-$25, is on sale April 2nd and 3rd only for 99¢.

This app has been around probably for a decade and used to be considered the best Mac app to create business cards. I don’t know what the app is like now, or what the competition is, but at this price it’s a no-brainer if you want to try designing a business card. (App development does seem to have stalled though - I don’t think it was updated since 2017.)

@bowline, have you found a print-at-home business card product that you like?

That was the app I was always interested in for years. Ha, just found this 4.5-star MacWorld review… from 2003!

What I meant was did you have a recommendation for the cards themselves, I already spent the $0.99.

Belight has their own recommendations for printing at home.

https://www.belightsoft.com/products/resources/tips-for-printing-business-cards

I have no tips or preferences because I’ve never printed a business card with my own printers. I’d personally create a design then upload a file to a print service like jukeboxprint or Moo cards or even Costco, which, depending on the service may let you choose between paper stocks, thicknesses, and finishes.

If you are looking for general inspiration, I’d suggest you look to a Pinterest search:

Today only (and this deal might not last the day) B&H Photo/Video has a download version of Izotope RX Elements ($129 list, typically $99 on sale) audio repair software for just $9.99.

2 Likes

StackSocial is offering 15% off all its app deals with coupon code SPRING15

Mac-oriented deals can be found here.

1 Like

@bowline I’ve used older versions of this Avery app. Now on iOS…

Avery Design & Print by Avery Products Corporation

1 Like

Sandisk 1T external SSD $142.99

Just got a camelcamelcamel alert:

1 Like

Same price today-only at B&H Photo, so if you’re not in NY/NJ you’ll save on tax:

NewEgg has 1-year of Malwarebytes for 5 devices for $24.99. (Key card with registration code mailed for free.) Normally $59.99. Works on Windows, Mac, and Android. Deal good for the next few days.

Tinderbox is on sale this week.
New features include a TheBrain-like view of connected notes, self arranging diagrams, etc.

http://www.eastgate.com/Tinderbox/

If there are any students about, we are having an Easter Sale at Student App Centre with extra discounts on some popular MPU apps. We also have discounts on @MacSparky’s Field Guides and @RosemaryOrchard & @nostodnayr book, Build Your OmniFocus Workflow Discount.

3 Likes

Some nice high-speed internet offerings right now from Verizon Fios:

200/200Mbps for $39.99/month + $50 Visa Prepaid Card
400/400Mbps for $59.99 + 6months netflix
940/880Mbps for $79.99 +1yr netflix

(Auto Pay debit Required, New Customers Only)

https://www.verizon.com/home/fios-fastest-internet/

PayPal’s own online Digital Gifts store has 15% off $100 iTunes gift cards (code emailed to you or the recipient of your choice, usually within a couple of hours.) These deals pop up from time to time but they don’t last long, and there haven’t been a lot of these deals so far in 2019.

A great way to pay for Apple Music, by the way…

2 Likes