Are there any apps you're happy to pay (or you'd pay *extra*) for?

I do like it. The IDE that comes with this program makes it “easy” to write a one-off program. I happen to use it 90% of the time on and for the Mac platform. But it is the fastest way for me to write a program for my own use that has a nice UI.

I also use Python which has many nice features. But Python does not have an easy way to create a nice UI. And setting up your Python environment and keeping it up to date is much more complicated than the equivalent task in Xojo.

Xojo is put out by a small company, and it is hard to get noticed in the world of open source/free programming software. But there are advantages to having a company organize and produce such software. They run a forum that is very friendly. In my experience, if you master the skill of formulating a clear question, you will reliably get an answer from a fellow user in a matter of hours.

1 Like

I’ll add Xojo to my list too. I use it to write GUI front ends for network management tools. They have the very, very, very best licensing model, one that I hold up as a great example of a compromise between subscription and one time purchase. I’d support them on that basis alone.

Thanks for recommending. Didn’t know I need this!