I can’t figure out this audio routing issue. I am sure because I have been moving wires I might be missing something obvious, but I am in that tunnel vision and can’t see currently. Let me know if you spot something that I can’t see.
I have the Focusrite Scarlett 8i6
- XLR mic line 1 in the front
- It is connected to the Mac Mini
- Mac Mini connected via DisplayPort to an LG 27 inch monitor
- Studio Monitors connected to Line Outputs 1 and 2
This above setup works and I hear audio perfectly fine.
The Part that Breaks.
- PlayStation 5 is connected to the same LG 27 inch monitor but via HDMI
- The LG monitor has a built-in speaker, I can hear the audio from that built-in-speaker when connected to the input
- There is a 3.5mm jack on the back of LG monitor, I can plug in headphones and I can get my PS5 audio
- However, when I try to route the audio to the studio monitors, this is where it breaks. I try to use the 3.5mm headphone jack from the LG monitor into the Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 Line Inputs 3-4. All I get is silence, I tried all controls and I can’t seem to get to work.